Evaluation of tuition fees of advanced schooling around the world
April 29, 2019

smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum

S&Ws Matt Spafford set me straight: The Smith & Wesson Classics line is a subset of the main Smith & Wesson line. Smith & Wesson did at least one additional run of 625 Mountain Guns in each .45 caliber. I have a 41 mag mountain gun serial # cje8712. Compare. Smith & Wesson Model 657 Mountain Gun, Cal. For the lower 48, I think it is about the Perfect Packin Pistol. Gun #: 997108610. Performance Center Edition. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. Customized combat revolver with chopped hammer, thinned trigger guard and custom grips. The vapor-blasted finish was replaced with the now common, matte stainless finish soon after the first run. The second Smith & Wesson .41 Mag. The consummate hunting handgun, scarce in this califber and configuration. Comes with Hogue Mono-grips, its S&W box, papers, and a lock. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I bet the prices at auction sites like GunBroker always get a little bump when we run these articles! Theyre finely crafted and between the finger groves and sharp checkering, give me all the purchase I need. Ill reach out to you about that. Another home run Kevin. They followed this with one chambered in .45 ACP soon after. was a 4 Model 58 which looked much like a slightly larger Military & Police. Nice article! Good memory! Rest easy, Ace. Those X frame Hogue tamers are a beautiful thing on light N frame revolvers! Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Campbell taught at the S&W Academy and instructed his own classes on IPSC competition. $30.00 Shipping We Accept Visa, Mastercard, Checks, and Money Orders&nbs, Guns Listing ID: 54225First introduced in 1964 and now offered through the companys Classics line the Smith Wesson Model 57 is a double-action revolver chambered in 41 Rem Mag. of 1955 is nothing more than a lengthened .44 Spl., which goes back to 1907 and was itself simply a lengthened version of the .44 Russian of 1871. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Im picturing that nickel plated 27-2 Molehill Gun- Sweet! A Mountain Gun of some sort has been on my hip for hunts and hikes for over 30 years now- I have trusted my life to them on many occasions. Seyfried refers to the original as the Mountain Revolver in his article. I carried and used my original Mountain Revolver extensively with Black Talon .44 Magnum ammunition all over both urban Southern California and fishing the Eastern Sierras. off the Model 29 .44 Mag. I like the way you think. He swore he bought it new that way, I didnt believe him until the Mountain Revolver came out. Pure business is right. Hard to find. Contest void where prohibited by law. Associated taxes and fees will be the responsibility of the winner. Evan Marshall. Smith & Wesson Model 57 41 Magnum 6" Barrel 150481 - Factory New, "SN:N367929, circa 1970's; .41 Magnum, 6"" barrel. first appeared in the S&W Model 57, based and in many North Carolina jurisdictions. Double actions in .41 Mag. Contest open to U.S. residents only. Introduced by Remington in 1964, the .41 Magnum round has ties to both Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan. I owned two 657 Mountain Guns and of course regret selling both. Welcome to the forum from another 41 Mag nut. PERFORMANCE CENTER MODEL 327 TRR8. This revolver has an extremely smooth double-action, one of the smoothest we've had here at D4, we the trigger must have some custom work. We got kind of spoiled with the wealth of Mountain Guns released from 1989 -2005. When S&W went to their numbering system in 1957, the 1950 .44 Special became the Model 24, and the .44 Magnum was designated the Model 29. People under the age of 40 laugh because they don't remember a world where the police and self-defense markets weren't totally dominated by semi-auto pistols. The original prototype Mountain Gun mentioned above is currently listed for sale. Tommy Campbell and Ross Seyfried discussed their thoughts on the perfect revolver. Old inventory Flat 35.00 Shipping fee Price reflects a 3.5% Cash discount Maine residents add 5.5% sales tax SOLD Handgun Caliber:.41 Remington Magnum Manufacturer . The classic .41 Mag. Hard to beat a 240 [emailprotected] for most things you might do with a Mtn Gun, Proven by guys like Keith, Skelton, and Seyfried. The price goes beyond the asking for forgiveness instead of permission rule in my house. I have no complaints. tested, giving velocities from 1,4501,550 fps depending upon barrel length, I really feel most S&W sixguns will last a lot longer if the load is cut back to around 19 grains. Depending on whom you talk to, Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, and Skeeter Skelton all had a hand in convincing Smith & Wesson (along with ammomakers Remington and Norma) to join forces on the .41 project back in 1963. This was also the first time a .41 Magnum had left the factory without a bull barrel. This was special order, still is new in the box never fired and never turned the cylinder. So, if you want to replicate the .44 Specials stand-in role for the .44 Mag., this would be the way to fly. Smith and Wesson Model 57-5 "Mountain Gun" 41 Mag 4" Barrel *New Old Inventory* Description: This is a New unfired S&W Mountain gun (57-5) chambered in 41 Magnum. Looking back through my loading data, I ended up basically duplicating heavy .44 Special field loads for a 624, only in magnum cases. The pistol features double and single-action functions, one of the most simple and easy to not . Compare. Compare. Unfluted cyl, full length shroud, 7 1/2 incher. They designed the .41 Magnum to. Seyfried also opined that as good as the .44 Magnum gun was, a Mountain Gun chambered in .45 Colt might be better. I have used my standard 220-gr. MAKE - SMITH & WESSON MODEL - 657 FINISH - STAINLESS STEEL BARREL - 3" CALIBER - 41 MAGNUM CAPACITY - 6 GRIPS - WOOD CONDITION - EXCELLENT STORE HOURS 10AM - 6 PM MON - SAT. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. New Model Ruger Blackhawk Revolver; Serial No. I have seen exactly one 657 Mountain Gun in the flesh. bullet at around 900 fps. .41 Magnum, Magna Ported, 6 Inch Barrel, "Smith & Wesson 58 Revolver .41 Magnum (PR62682), SMITH & WESSON MODEL 57-1 W/ BOX & PAPERS, SMITH & WESSON MODEL 57-1 ORIGINAL BOX, PAPERS & TOOLS, RUGER NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK REVOLVER from COLLECTING TEXAS ORIGINAL BOX- .41 MAGNUM CALIBER, Smith & Wesson 57 8 3/8" Nickel in Wood Presentation Case ANIB, Smith & Wesson Model 57, Cal. Contest void where prohibited by law. I wish I could find a snub in it for as a carry companion. I foolishly let go of it and recently after 33 years of looking acquired other one. I ordered my Mountain Revolver as soon as I finish Seyfrieds article back in the day. Thank you, Kevin. Thank you, Rob. 41 MAGNUM $1169. over the .44 Mag. With rare exceptions, big bore N frames followed this trend going forward. .41 Magnum, 8 3/8 Inch Barrel, S&W Presentation Case, SMITH & WESSON MODEL 657 41 MAGNUM REVOLVER, Smith & Wesson Model 57 41 Magnum 6" Barrel 150481, Dan Wesson Model 41 41 Magnum V6 & VH4 - 144. I wish I had some personal experience with one, I dont though. Smith & Wesson: It sure makes a difference in the feel of the gun IMO. Required fields are marked *. While 20 grains of #2400 has been perfectly safe in every .41 Mag. The .44 Remington Magnum offers big bullets going real fast, at least for a pistol. Revolver Is Back, Franchi Momentum Elite Bolt-Action Rifle in Varmint Configurations, .458 Winchester Magnum History: The Complete Story, Savage Impulse Straight-Pull Rifle: Full Review, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380. The longer a bullet is, all other things being equal, the more accurate it should be at long range. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. I often carry a 16 Winchester 94 Trapper in .45 Colt with handloads: 250 grain Gold Dots or 265 WFNs loaded to about 1300-1350fps from the carbine- big medicine! Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). Thanks for the work you did in Detroit and also for the ammo info you have tirelessly provided. Great article! It's my go to woods gun, and I don't imagine anything replacing it either. But the .41 Mag.much like the 10mm Autohas managed to gather a dedicated cult following. In 1935, Keith, along with Phillip Sharpe and D.B. Keith bullet will give about 1,400 fps, again depending upon barrel length. No arguments on your Model 58 focus, what a pure fighting revolver. The Colt Anaconda .44 Rem. Seyfried was a rancher from Colorado and fellow competitor who won the IPSC World Champion title in 1981 (with a lightly customized 1911 Government Model in Milt Sparks carry leather, no less). The Manurhin MR73 is one of the most elite combat [], Be the first to review Smith & Wesson 657-4 Mountain Gun. Those darn round grips. Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo ARCHERY RANGE BOW TECH TROPHY ROOM CONTACT US GIFT CARDS. ALL FACTORY AND VERY CLEAN. That change incorporated the newly developed short throw hammer, known today as the short action. Its never failed. . Regardless of the chambering, all the large frame guns wore tapered barrels up until 1955. Its incredible, Wow, Derek! The conversation took place back in the 1980s, when these shooters were known for their prowess with semiautomatics in action pistol competition. $1,799.99. Among other things, he produces stunning pictorial weapons history articles. A focused article on that gun is on my To Do list. Harnessing all this power has been the job of many strong revolvers over the years, but it has also been popular in some lever gun models. Campbell put a set of Pachmayr Gripper stocks on the gun and test fired it. Alliants Unique will safely propel the 256 gr. The extra weight changed the guns balance and robbed it of some of its nimble handling qualities. Wood grips are in excellent condition. They were one of the first N frames to come with a round butt configuration, which certainly made the grip feel smaller than other N frames of the day, especially with the supplied Pachmayr grips as opposed to the big target grips standard on a square butt 629. Thanks for taking the time to write this piece. Id love to see all of the originals back plus a 610 version. They took what they considered to be the best features of guns from the past and combined them with the advancements of that day. They came with Pachmayr grips, unlike the 1993 Mountain Gun, which came with Hogues. The .44MG for when you step off the plane in Alaska. IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR SMITH & WESSON . Has a 6" barrel all original with hard case and paperwork. It was accurate with everything fired, but most factory .41 ammo was geared towards the hunting market and gave significant recoil and blast from the little gun. Tom Campbell was in a unique position to make the gun he and Seyfried dreamed about a reality. Satisfied with his work, he shipped it to Seyfried for him to behold and enjoy. Overall condition is very good. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I decided a few years ago I needed to thin down and I managed to clean out all of the 24 family, and other great .44 Specials. It was equipped with the internal lock and the bluing looked black, in comparison to older revolvers. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. In 2005, they also released a blued 57-5 Mountain Gun. MODEL 317 KIT GUN. Coke bottle grips and sights with white outlines and red ramps became the norm. There isn't a much better combination for solid firepower and good handling. Now I have to resist the temptation to look and see how much Id have to increase the mortgage to get one, if one would even be findable. (I) Giveaway ends May 31, 2023. Just as with the .357 Mag. modern JHPs. Holstering it makes you realize the chamfer on the cylinder front of factory Mountain Guns isnt just cosmetic- it definitely makes them holster easier in a tight leather rig. Michael, that issue of Guns & Ammo sits in my nightstand drawer along with other special gun magazines. I dont need the gas check at the speeds I shoot them, but at least you can still get the profile. While we were attending the NRA convention in Washington, D.C., Bill Jordan, the old border patrolman, came to me and says, Elmer, youve got the .44 Mag. I have a 45 colt mountain gun, no lock it was special order it does not have the Lazer engraved mountain gun on one side or 45 colt on the other side. WFNs around 980 fps work just fine for woods loads. This revolver is of stainless steel construction, built on the big "N-frame". Chambered for the more difficult to find .41 Magnum cartridge, adjustable sights, factory wood grips, Freedom Arms Model 97 Premier .44 special packer style with 3 1/2" barrel,round butt grip with Evergreen grips grips, Hammer and trigger are polished and jewelled, factory action job with, This Ruger Model Blackhawk is a 6 shot single action revolver in .41 Magnum Cal. A .41 Magnum and a Smith J frame got me home on several occasions when things looked grim Comes with wooden display case. MODEL 351 PD. Im to the point where its all I hunt with anymore with a 16 carbine. They existed side by side- for a while. Some nicks on left side of barrel at the front sight and bottom of grips. As far as I can determine, there was only one production run of the 657 Mountain Gun. FIREARMS. Youre sure welcome on the article, thanks for reading it. I have never felt the need for another holster. INCLUDES EVERTHING SEEN. You can only carry a few of em at a time anyway. IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR SMITH & WESSON . Ive loaded it with that same Federal Cast Core or equivalent handload to protect my family on high altitude camping trips. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. Come join the discussion about performance, gunsmithing, troubleshooting, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Full Details. Minimum price for the offer must be greater than 0% of the Product. He also represented them at the highest levels of pistol competition in the late 70s and 80s. I loaded mine with 210 grain Silvertips and then 200 Grain short barrel GDHPs when they were introduced (as my hands got older and stiffer!). The .44 Mountain Gun would have filled that niche wonderfully well, and the slightly lesser weight likely would have saved some effort walking around all day. Large frame stainless magnum revolver, 6" barrel with shrouded ejector, chambered for the powerful . I bet that 629 was a source of comfort up there! To know the .41 Mag. Im glad guys like Tom Campbell were in a place to build them, too. Freedom Arms is known for making the most accurate factory-produced single actions ever turned out. They are usually on my Mountain Guns when Im off the pavement, too. If you want a new, blued S&W these days thatll combine vintage appeal with performance, the companys Classics section is pretty much where youll find it. Like most S&W revolvers at that time, this Model 57 had a MIM trigger and hammer, and a frame mounted firing pin. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Gun #: 966454149. Wow. (I) Giveaway ends September 30, 2022. I wear it in a chest rig in my jeep when out in the mountains. Oh, for S&W to build them again, Your email address will not be published. Come on, S&W! Action in, New .41 Mag. They also feature the smooth double action, and crisp single action trigger pulls that customers have come to expect from Smith & Wesson. It gave a distinct look, not seen on a S&W revolver in a long time. Keith bullet/19 grains #2400 on both whitetail deer and one very upset, large feral hog. Some thought that since the Magnum would also chamber and fire .44 Specials, there was no real need for the Model 24. Smith & Wesson Model 57 No Dash,41 Magnum! | The MG is the best revolver S&W has released since 1955 Excellent in all calibers, the 629, has proven to me to be the most versatile. Gun #: 942392042. Zach, the fact that S&W still catalogs a Model 27 Classic gives me hope. Pictures, Sturm Ruger & Co. ~ New Model Blackhawk ~ .41 Magnum, Smith & Wesson Model 57, Cal. to the .44 Mag. Not sure which one I will use, but any will work if I do my part, I think. The 624 was as good as the guns of old. Its a sweet spot load also, full house Mags are just too much for me. NEW WINCHESTER WESTERN UNPRIMED 41 REMINGTON MAGNUM BRASS CASE 50 ROUND TO BOX $ 30.00 @ BO. I wish the mothership was listening to you, Mike 2. S&W made a stainless Model 657 Mountain Gun in .41 Magnum in 1998 & 1999. All were square butt frames with .265 serrated triggers and .400 hammers. It was available for about 2 years before production ceased in 1984. After hearing about Evans good fortune, I think I should start volunteering to sweep the floors in your shop. The most accurate sixgun John has ever encountered is this Compare. View. He embarked upon a long, patient crusade to convince S&W to bring it back. 22 MAGNUM $839. adherents point to the fact thatgiven similar bullet weightsthe .41 will shed less velocity at long yardage than the .44. The Target Model of 1950 with a 4 barrel was the epitome of a practical sixgun. The mountain guns are among my favorite smith offerings. The balance created by the slim, short barrel was just right. Ill be happy to help you find a home for any other surplus Model 58s you have hanging around! If you carry an N frame, a tapered barrel 4 is the best way to stay on good terms with your chiropractor in my experience too. lengths, but in recent years properly headstamped .41 Spl. The Model 57 received a greater reception from a small group of connoisseurs who saw it as an excellent outdoorsmans revolver combined with a 210-gr. Serial # N903105. This is a Monson gun. With a history and tradition of fine gun making behind them, the Manurhin series of Revolvers is truly world-class. Smith & Wesson 41 Pistol Gun #: 985434446 Seller: DGSGUNS GA Sales: 868 $1,349.00 Full Details More from this Seller 1 Image (s) NICE PRE-OWNED S&W MODEL 41 WITH 2 MAGS AND ORIG BOX Gun #: 998816272 Seller: On Target Training GA Sales: 5 $900.00 Full Details 3 Image (s) S&W MODEL 57-6 CLASSIC 41 MAGNUM Gun #: 974942443 Seller: Keith Woods $1,295.00 A couple of his friends had a custom Model 629 built to commemorate his world championship. A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. They can still manufacture a one-piece tapered barrel if they choose to.

How To Make Doll Hair With Embroidery Floss, Katchy Indoor Insect Trap Troubleshooting, Nys Civil Service Holidays 2022, Gangster Report Chicago Outfit, Articles S

smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum