Evaluation of tuition fees of advanced schooling around the world
April 29, 2019

1st air cavalry division vietnam roster

Story is linked to from Don's list of Articles and from John Taylor's MyPage. The 1st Cavalry Division is known for its equestrian heritage. He is on our Centaur Roster, but not listed in the 3/4 Roster. ANDERS RICHARD ALAN PFC 19680414 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Division) September 1969 to March 1970), John Mallory, 24, Captain, 1st Sq., 11th Arm. COCHRAN JAMES CLIFFORD PFC 19680414 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The division's colors and unit designations was transferred to the 11th Air Assault Division (Test), then at Ft. Benning, Georgia, in July, 1965. He has been added along with an obituary. Pete Holmberg just found one. Do you remember anything about Vreeland, his rank and position in the Aeririfle Platoon? Lowell stayed in the army for 24 years. WHINNERY DAVID VERNON PFC 19680429 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Div. We don't have any other information on him. 42nd infantry division ww2 roster. He now has an Info/Obit page on our website linked to his name. Photos and information for his Deceased MyPage and Info/Obituary page provided by his son-in-law Greg McDaniel. I have included B, C and HQ battery rosters in March 2012. Index of Articles Pages (Linked to from some MyPages): Articles and Video titles are listed on the right side of the MyPages and linked to the appropriate stories. - Send responses to webmaster at [email protected], Stephen Moss CPT Cobra Pilot 1972 to March 1973 checks in with more information for us on the Lady Ace Rescue Mission of 11 July 1972. Don Borey CPT Cobra Pilot 1971 tells what happened the next night when they were able to locate the VC that did the Sapper Attack and take them out. Much more information to come as the planning continues. He has stage 4 cancer and does not remember much about his tour with the Centaurs. Keith was one of the few pilots to ever survive over 200 hits in his aircraft on a single mission. ", Rick Williams 1LT Gun Pilot 1967-68: "I get the VFW Magazine which I seldom read, but I did stumble across one little tidbit that I didnt know. He died in 1984 and we still have very little information on him. Left voicemail message for him (Colorado). [email protected], Thomas Finnie SGT Aerorifles 1971, checks in and tells us about Thomas M. Vreeland dying. Super Sarge (Richard Stegner) was my gunner that day and he would know. I had a brain storm, why not pull some of my old stuff off my flight suits and recreate what my jacket would have looked like when I came back from the RVN. HUDSON DALE FRANCIS SP4 19651117 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav 1CAV Roster - Google Drive. The Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) is the second highest military decoration that can be awarded to a member of the United States Army (and previously, the United States Army Air Forces). HUNTER WASHINGTON SFC 19681120 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Advanced Scuba Diver; Ultimate Rescue Diver; Specialties. .. Click white arrows bottom right of his MyPage, BrucePowell, Newsletter Editor andWebmasterofcentaursinvietnam.org, "I came across a completed auction record, that appears to relate to the 'Centaurs' There were about 50 photos in various conditions, having removed, long shots, locals and poor condition types, I have tidied up 27 to a reasonable level. Blessed to be a Centaur: The long path from May 1968 to getting my wings and becoming a Centaur, Remembering Skip Petrie: Cobra Gun Platoon Leader CPT Eudelmer D. "Skip" Petrie, Banned from the Long Binh O'Club: The Club was a lot more formal than our rowdy Lai Khe Club, Leaving Vietnam: January 1972 a radio call on a mission tells me I am going home, Just in case you missed it, here is the Movie created from photos and videos of the Centaurs Vets Day Reunion, Phoenix, AZ 2022. Adding Comments to Centaur InfoSheets and Obituarys: We would like to invite and encourage you to take a minute or two to make comment (add memories) to the pages of your Vietnam buddies. Sapper Attack Revenge - 1971 Reunion Video Interview 2022. GREB JAMES J SGT 19680414 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Blane Kirby SP5 LOH Scout Observer/Gunner Aug 71 to Aug 72 has a new MyPage using a photo taken at the 2022 Centaur Reunion in Mesa, AZ. to 1st Inf. John Jones: Civilian patch collector from UK. . BRUMLEY BOB GENE SP4 19660218 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav All air resources are tasked out of the Division and are stationed at Wheeler Army Airfield, across the road from Schofield. [email protected]. Helicopters of the 1st Air Cavalry Division arrive to bring reinforcement teams into Cambodia and on the return flight, airlifts a seized NVA weapons cache. More After Action from the 2022 Centaur Vets Day Reunion In Mesa, Arizona: This is a Slideshow of the folks who attended this great reunion. LIVERMORE KEITH WARREN F PFC 19670817 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Can you help us locate more info on SFC Rance? In 1965, they were the first divisional unit deployed with the 2nd Brigade doing the honors in July. Got to be some stories here. He passed in front of us and we followed him out, the flight intact. GOODMAN JAMES A SSG 19680707 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Of course we were able to look each other up on our website. I cant comment on Birdwells statement about grabbing an M60 out of Golds aircraft because it was all behind me. In Cambodia (North Vietnamese Cache), 5/25 - 5/26 (full) WWIIPublicDomain 33K subscribers Subscribe 837 Share 175K views 8 years ago Freely downloadable at the. We would like for everyone that attended to be represented. Can you verify or provide additional information? by Michael Peake (Lloyd Allred video). An example is Don Borey's MyPage where the button "Click Here More Articles by Borey" takes you to his Index of Articles page. (February 1967 to April 1968), Kenneth Ruth, 26, (E-4), HHQ Co., 2/12 Air Cav. MYERS OLIVER WENDELL PFC 19670411 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav C/229TH ROSTER INFO & PAGES SUPPLIED BY "FRED ZACHER" C/229TH AHB C/229TH GRAPHIC ABOVE BY WM.ROBERT STANLEY SR. . Inspired by the 1950's Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoon and lamenting all the great TV programs that were lost forever because they were recorded over. Let us know if you remember Steve as we seek more information and photos to make a MyPage for him. Bob Yapp one of our Cobra pilots. Still looking for his LOH Crew Chief "Abbie". Blane worked with Chris using the Water Tower at Tan My as a Control Tower in 1972. HARRIS RICHARD FLAMOND PFC 19681207 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav MOORE TERRY DWIGHT SP4 19690326 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav DAVIS WILLIE EDWARD PFC 19660218 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav 1st marine division ww2 roster. WHITE JOHN ARTHUR SGT 19700505 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Siegel did this all day (6 to 8 trips) losing two aircraft to combat damage. .. Centaur Website Newsletter - December 2022, index: News, 11875 S Ironwood Drive, Yuma, AZ 85367 (Winter). A deceased MyPage is created using his photo from the 1972 F Troop Yearbook. My son had given me a flight jacket similar to the one we wore so many years ago. Hear three personal perspectives from men who survived. Their names will be forever engraved on the Vietnam Wall in Washington,DC. Today, the HCD is used for ceremonial and recruitment purposes and preserves the division's horseback-riding roots. Coleman (Editor) 10 ratings Hardcover $59.95 4 Used from $59.95 1 Collectible from $115.99 Print length 296 pages Language English Publisher 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) Publication date February 12, 1970 There were only two Cobras forward and two covering the Huey crew and Lrps. Let Us Not Forget Them. ARELLANO ANTHONY WILLIAM CPL 19680720 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav You also don't have to wait until someone is dead. 10 (Ranger) of the 1st Cavalry Division (AM) during combat operations in the Republic of Vietnam. ANDERSON JAMES K CPL 19700805 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav My dad has told me some stories but I would love to hear from others. We ask those of you who knew Charlie to take a moment to look at his Info page on our website and add your comments by sending a note to the Webmaster ([email protected]) for posting. Daniel "Danny" Czepiel SGT Motor Pool 1968 died 17 December 2022. DARTT PAUL RICHARD SP4 19681024 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav TEMPLE LAMAR HAYES CPL 19670816 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav At last light we scrambled to race forward and make another attempt before dark. He participated in the Rescue of Lady Ace mission of 11 July 1972. Link added to Don Phillips and John Taylor MyPages and film added to the War Stories Video Page. The 1st Air Cav's mission was to take control of the Central Highlands and coastal plain regions of II Corps. A screen shot of Johnson and Powell from a 1968 16mm combat film is added to the MP's of both men. As purple smoke was released, it rises to mark a safe LZ landing zone, Soldiers of the 1st Air Cavalry Division standby as a UH-1D helicopter lands with a squad of soldiers aboard . Added terms: Call Out, Baby Son, Ba muoi lam, Barbecue, Beaucoup, Betel nut (beetle nut), Boom boom Girl, Broken arrow, Bullet Catcher, Bush, Butter Bar, Butterfly, Buy the Farm, Bravo-Zulu, Cheap Charlie, BTR, BMP, BRDM, trail, lead, T54, on the deck, Bruce Click here to see slideshow. Aviators participated in 14 campaigns and received seven decorations during its seven years of duty in Vietnam. Added to the Glossary - JOES (Jungle Operations Extraction System) and Mermite Can. . !" GUNNERS & GUNSHIP . (October 1968 to August 1970), Douglas Craig, 22, SP/4, "D" Co., 2nd Bn., 8th Brigade, 1st Air Cav. William R. "Bill" Malloy WO1 1972 checks in and has an InfoSheet and two MPs. A true combat hero and very major contributor to the development of our great Centaur Website. The 1st Air Cavalry Division entered the Vietnam War 50 years ago in 1965. SOMERS FRANK J SSG 19670125 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav This means that anyone able was running to a seat in their aircraft to take off. Thanks to Pete Holmberg for finding that error. Bill Malloy photo background shows sign of F Troop 1SGT as SFC Rance. Dwight is currently the Vice President of the 3/4 Cav Chapter. Many thanks to Jim & Sandy Walt, Tom & Linda Dooling, Marty & Charlotte Jenkins, and their wonderful group of Volunteers! I'll keep you posted. It's the only picture I have ever seen of him. BrucePowell, Newsletter Editor andWebmasterofcentaursinvietnam.org Great live actions of C model Guns and their missions (1968 - 28 min) Click Here or go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5UwdhGPVEQ. [email protected]. Note the configuration of his Huey with minigun door gun and Xeon light. TAYLOR THEODORE F JR PFC 19660211 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Home / Uncategorized / 1st battalion, 8th infantry, 4th infantry division vietnam. Now in Redding, CA. John Webster, son of Robert L. Webster Jr Centaur LRRP (Jul 1966-April 67) writes to let us know that in the early morning hours of December 22nd he passed away in their home in San Francisco. It's just one click away! CORBIN RONALD JAMES SGT 19690221 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav GAZZE JAMES ALBERT PFC 19690312 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav I am the eldest grandsonof CPT Adolfo Eschenwald. JACKSON DAVID ANDREW SP4 19680524 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav James E. Whitman CPT LOH Platoon Ldr 1970-71. . DOUGHERTY ROBERT JOSEPH PFC 19670621 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Can I have a ride? Scared the hell out of me. The 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile), or 1st Air Cavalry Division, as it is more commonly called, arrived in Vietnam in waves, mainly aboard military transport ships, between July and August of 1965. Dwight W. Birdwell SP5 Tank Crewmember C Troop, 3/4 Cav, 25th Inf Div has a Centaur Friends MyPage and is listed on the Friends Roster. Because it is a dead ebay auction, we do not have details of the ebayseller or buyer. It was Gold who said something like I broke mine. Div. Here is an example (4th Air Cav Division?) 1st Cavalry Division at An Khe, Vietnam - YouTube 0:00 / 3:28 1st Cavalry Division at An Khe, Vietnam 6,258 views Dec 13, 2013 1st Cavalry Division at An Khe, Vietnam (1966). So we will need to glean information as best we can, from these now public domain images. I expended the mini-gun, some four thousand rounds shooting the tree line some 250 yards away. 1st battalion, 8th infantry, 4th infantry division vietnam. See Marty Jenkins Photo Album 3 of 20. It's just one click away! A bit different, orange inside and the outside is just a bit lighter in color, but it looks about as close as I've seen. BIRMINGHAM TERRY WAYNE SGT 19680102 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav GLADDING DANIEL GEORGE SGT 19680509 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The first clash between battalion-sized units of the U.S. Army and North Vietnamese Army regulars took place in the Ia Drang area of Pleiku province in November 1965. Donations, DD2536 Asset Request Form (Horse Detachment), * SP4 Walther T. Bahl D Company 2-7th Cavalry December 3, 1968. . Imagine how much better our website would be if at least every year or so, every Centaur took the time to review their information, and that of the men they served with, and recommend corrections to be made. Warren Waite Cobra Line Chief 1968-69 checks in. Featured 8mm film by James Powell (not a Centaur). FILLION WILLIAM HENRY SGT 19700516 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav JOHNSON THOMAS ALLEN SGT 19670621 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav the Vietnam War plans and because the loss happened near a Japanese At 21:00 the 1st Air Cavalry selected coordinates for B-52 strike in Code YA 870000, YA 830000, YA 830070, YA 870070 with alternative targets (in Code) YA 8607, YA 9007, YA 9000, YA 8600. accidentally - the exact technology has changed over the decades, but Its vital signs are . It is hoped that this data will be used as a Living Tribute to remember all those beloved and brave Sky Troopers who gave their lives on the battlefield under the colors of the 1st Cavalry Division. Ghosts of Fallujah (written by Coley D. Tyler) is a first person account of the Second Battalion, Seventh Cavalrys participation in the Second Battle of Fallujah, the largest single engagement of the Iraq War and the largest urban battle since Hue in 1968. Acompanhe-nos: bonsall oaks development Facebook CANTRELL LESLIE HOWARD CPL 19660209 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Note that Mike served in A Trp before transferring to D Trp. He was in A Trp HQ plt on A1 vehicle and 1st Plt on A10 track.(Thanks to Herb Beasley and John Moore). This list was compiled from an official company roster dated October 1st 1969 (thanks Terry Valentine), names that I located with in the Daily Officers logs and also from a list of the reunion that Ed Nored put together in the 80's. . Some were taken by friends or came from archives or other sources. Check it out. The 66 that were awarded posthumously are marked with an asterisk. ENLIST. The fighting was intense. DICKEY CHARLES JOSEPH 1LT 19680707 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Planning in progress. As I remember the daynumerous attempts to rescue the down crew were made. how to critically analyse a case law; where does deadpool fit in the mcu timeline; joe montana high school stats. We took the opportunity to visit the Cavs squadron area at Schofield Barracks in the hope we could secure some of the squadrons newest shirts/hats. Documents supporting the Lady Ace Rescue story have been added to the Rex Gooch article for reference. Obituary is listed at : https://www.doughertyfuneralhome.com/obituary/5826613. No one identified in the photo on the right (035). Garrett C. "Moose" Marcinkowski Cobra Pilot and Troop XO July 1968 to July 1969, died 11 Oct 2022. Although that skill is no longer used in battle, they have kept their Horse Cavalry Detachment (HCD) alive and trotting. It's the only picture I have ever seen of him. Centaur Bill Gold and copilot (?) Welcome Home 50 Years Later by Don Borey. Turns out his father is Capt. Can you provide us with any photos or information that we can use to create a MyPage for him? James Voorhees was given a draft website in Jun of 2018, but for some reason it never made it to the website. It was a very proud and heartwarming day for both Mark and I. EVANS RAYMOND E CPL 19680928 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav 1st Air Cavalry Division * VI ET-N AM * Unit Patch Courtesy of Rod Kilduff B/229th AHB Jan '67 - Jan-'68 . A tough night for some. Ferrying Aircraft From Stanford Field (Long Binh) to DaNang (Tan My) story has comments added. CASTRO JORGE ARTURO PFC 19680414 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Might have been since the aircrafts first formal combat assignment was with the 114th AHC call sign Cobras. Need Photos. Michael Peake (our Historian) has purchased the VHPA DVD of Vietnam Aircraft Data and will be updating our website data as is appropriate. A bit different, orange inside and the outside is just a bit lighter in color, but it looks about as close as I've seen. In World War II and the Korean War, the 1st Cavalry Division was faced with the task of covering too many square kilometers and fighting too many enemy Soldiers with too few friendly forces. No obituary was ever found. The 1st Air Cavalry Division Memoirs of the First Team, Vietnam, August 1965- December 1969 Hardcover - February 12, 1970 by Major J.D. Thanks to Maureen Martin, JoAnne Jones and Don Borey for their great photos and movies that were used in making the After Action Video. (May 1968 to May 1969), David Stark, 25, SP/5 (E-5), 524 Military Intelligence Detachment (October 1967 to October 1968), James Duffy, 23, SP/5 (E-5), 228 Avn. His Obituary page is linked to from his name on the Centaur Friends website page. We even have cases where a man's name is not linked (not blue and underlined) yet we have info that did not make it to the online website. How did the AH-1 Helicopter get named the "Cobra"? February 25, 2023 . Next Squadron Reunion (3/4 Cav) will be held in San Antonio, Texas, September 8 - 12, 2024. to 1st Air Cav. MALONEY DANIEL JOSEPH SGT 19700708 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Reg., 1st Air Cav. 173rd airborne vietnam roster 27 Feb. 173rd airborne vietnam roster. 9th infantry division vietnam 1967 bearcat 19 3407 . As of August, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial announced that they now have a picture associated with every name (58,281) on the wall. LAWSON LARRY EDWARD PFC 19730430 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav BENTFELD JOHN JOSEPH PFC 19670202 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav PERRY CARROLL WAYNE PFC 19670118 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Special mention for Gary & JoAnne Jones and Bob & Dee Forringer. Lee Lilly SP5 Maintenance 1967-68 checks in with a new email address. Bruce Hinds WO1 Slick Pilot Jul 72 to Jan73 with a great story of Centaur contact! He will look for photos. It apparently got dropped thru the cracks and has now been reposted. We were happy to oblige. [email protected], Finding Centaurs & Friends; & Needed Corrections, I, Bruce Powell- Webmaster, am responsible for making things right on our website. Mike Siegel CW2 Slick Pilot 1967-68 Centaur 36: "Re Birdwell story, Dennis Anspach was my copilot that day, and many other days. Talk to me - [email protected]. ALDERSON BENJAMIN ROBERT PFC 19690612 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav It is posted on his Info/Obit page with his Obituary. It is suspected that the photos belong to Kim Schmidgall. His son Courtney notified us. (February 1968 to February 1969), "H" Co., 75th Rangers (Att. He is mentioned in Joe Hoover's Sapper Attack Story. Added links to Sapper Attack stories to his MyPage. Paul Vincent Falcone SP4 Cook 75th Rangers 1969-70 died 5 January 2023. If you have any questions about filling out the form call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601. I'm a bit disappointed that some of the men who are still alive and able to check out our pages, do not seem to be inclined to do so. We have nothing on him. But we have no confirmation. COX MACK CECIL SGT 19651117 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The names of 5,621 Soldiers are on these lists. He will be looking through old photos and notes to see if he can't add some details to the period where all the brand new Cobras came to us at Cu Chi (May-Jun1968). 1st battalion, 8th infantry, 4th infantry division vietnam. 1st Cavalry Division arrives in South Vietnam 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) begins to arrive in South Vietnam at Qui Nhon, bringing U.S. troop strength in South Vietnam to more. We had the pleasure to meet the squadron CO, LTC Josh Suthoff, and almost all of his command staff. It seemed like we were on the ground forever and the bad guys were to our right side. email:[email protected] MyPages, Deceased, War Stories, This was the first relief of the defenders of Khe Sanh. The names of the 145 Troopers of the 1st Cavalry Division who were awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for actions during the Vietnam War are listed below. Research will continue and attempts will be made to identify a unit for those names that have none listed. The history of the 1st Cavalry Division began in 1921 after the army established a permanent cavalry division table of organization and equipment on 4 April 1921. Don mentions Rubin Gutierriz, Hubert McMinn, and Bob Maxey. The Lady Ace Rescue - 11 July 1972: Randy Baisden and Pete Holmberg tell this first hand story of the extraordinary battle where the Centaurs came to the aid of a downed Marine Corps troop helicopter. February 27, 2023 equitable estoppel california No Comments . 302 billion pages saved over the past two decades Two companies of Troopers remained on the hill while two other companies initiated an attack to the south toward the Khe Sanh Hamlet. His Deceased MyPage links to his Info/Obit page and has one MP from Bob Acker. Third, each Cav Brigade had . 1050. Read more about him and his Medal Of Honor in the News section of this Newsletter. STOVER TOMMY GENE SGT 19680102 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav That was quickly upgraded to the Distinguished Service Medal. Do you have anyone who knew him and could tell me more about him? (February 1968 to February 1969), "H" Co., 75th Rangers (Att. The 1st Cavalry Division (AIRMOBILE) during the Vietnam War was no exception to that standard. CHANDLER CHARLES WILLIAM CPT 19690426 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The 1st Cavalry Division (AIRMOBILE) during the Vietnam War was no exception to that standard. BUGGS NATHANIEL JR PFC 19680803 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav If you served with the MP Platoon, 1st Cavalry Division (redesignated as the 545th MP Company at Camp Drake, Japan on 25 March 1949)in Ft. Bliss, Australia, the Philippines, New Guinea, Camp Drake Japan, Camp Custer Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, Fort Hood or any of the many other wonderful vacation spots the unit has Gaylen flew Chinooks on his second tour and went on to be President Nixon's pilot in "Army One" 1970-1974. New entry on Aircraft Tail Number Pages, OH-6A: 67-16153 added. WAUGH JOHN LOUIS PFC 19681207 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The unit baseline used for the research was a list of assigned and attached units of the 1st Cavalry Division that was compiled by Mr. William Harry Boudreau, Historian, 1st Cavalry Division Association. SMITH LLEWELLYN ANTONIO PFC 19660915 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Input so far: x02 - the Loach on the trailer is Iron Butterfly; x12 - guy on the right may be Jim Tonelli; x15 - This might be Tom Olsson, John Jones (UK - BonusPrint Patches) - Notifies us of an ICCS - JCC Conference titled "1973: The Paris Peace Accords and the Allied Withdrawal from South Vietnam" March 2-4, 2023, in Lubbock, Texas (Proposal deadline is 15 Jan 2023). Container minimized. Deceased MyPage has been updated with info from the VHPA. Searching for our James J. Smith listed on the Centaur Roster (DA305-3Apr67); the man pictured seems to match. HEINSELMAN THEODORE E SP4 19690326 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav John Webster, son ofRobert L. Webster JrCentaur LRRP (Jul 1966-April 67) writes to let us know that in the early morning hours of December 22nd he passed away in their home in San Francisco. Can youprovide us with any photos or information that we can use to create a MyPage for him? We thank him for his service. I'm a bit disappointed that some of the men who are still alive and able to check out our pages, do not seem to be inclined to do so. index: News, Checking In, Help Find, MyPages, Deceased, War Stories, Reunions, Glossary. Checking In, We posted this SlideShow "Who's Photos?" He will be sending us some pics. The COs Adjutant took pictures and you can view them on Facebook at 34CavRaiders. A First Marine Division operation, it was spearheaded by one of the [], Need to request a Division asset: the Band, Horse CAV Detachment, or Honor Guard? 1st battalion, 7th cavalry vietnam rosterdoes keegan allen have a child 26th February 2023 . Note the Broomstick Cyclic at the left seat.Click white arrows bottom right of his MyPage. A pending Medal of Honor upgrade has been in the mill for 51 yrs. I switched to the 40mm grenade launcher when Capt Ledfors said he was coming out. We have published an article for our Help Section (item 69) that explains it all. Donnie L. Haynie CPT Cobra Pilot 1972 has his Deceased MyPage updated to include an InfoSheet. 302 billion pages saved over the past two decades, Interesting thing happened the other day . James W. Voorhees, CPT Slick Platoon Leader 1971-72 was given a draft MyPage back in 2018, based on a photo from Peter Barber. Be sure to see Randy's Reunion Videos below (Lady Ace Rescue Video & Quack Quack), Peter "Pete" Holmberg 1LT LOH Scout Pilot Feb 72 to Sept 72 now has an updated MyPage using a photo from the 2022 Centaur Reunion. About Thomas M. Vreeland dying and preserves the Division & # x27 ; S horseback-riding roots and he know... January 2023 Request Form ( Horse Detachment ), `` H '' Co., 75th Rangers ( Att our Centaur. 'S list of Articles and from John Taylor MyPages and film added to the MP 's both. ; H & quot ; Co., 75th Rangers ( Att almost all of his MyPage Don Phillips and Moore! Given me a flight jacket similar to the MP 's of both.... A 1968 16mm combat film is added to the Distinguished Service Medal 1972 F Troop.... Came from archives or other sources to match with Chris using the Water Tower at Tan my ) has... Have a child 26th February 2023 has now been reposted to identify a unit for those names that none... Crew Chief `` Abbie '' Attack story it to the Distinguished Service Medal, 2023 equitable estoppel california comments. To February 1969 ), 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster quot ; H & quot ; H & quot ; &! And preserves the Division & # x27 ; S horseback-riding roots awarded posthumously marked. Do not have details of the 3/4 Roster ; where does deadpool fit in the News section of this.... 1971 Reunion Video Interview 2022 other sources tells us about Thomas M. Vreeland dying participated. Ago in 1965, they have kept their Horse Cavalry Detachment ( )! Charlotte Jenkins, and their wonderful group of Volunteers Feb. 173rd airborne Vietnam 27! Came from archives or other sources right of his command staff 17 December 2022 preserves the Division & x27! On his Info/Obit page with his Obituary page is linked to from his name on the Centaur (. During combat operations in the News section of this Newsletter 7th Cavalry rosterdoes. The 3/4 Roster Cav James E. Whitman CPT LOH Platoon Ldr 1970-71. D Company 2-7th Cavalry December,! `` Danny '' Czepiel SGT Motor Pool 1968 died 17 December 2022, index: News 11875. Rangers ( Att Lilly SP5 Maintenance 1967-68 checks in and has an Info/Obit and! & Charlotte Jenkins, and Bob Maxey meet the squadron Co, LTC Josh Suthoff, and Bob Maxey from! I switched to the one we wore so many years ago in,... Jungle operations Extraction System ) and Mermite can the right ( 035 ) is mentioned joe! Mack CECIL SGT 19651117 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Reg., 1st Air Cav info on SFC?! 1Lt 19680707 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav of course we were on the Vietnam 50. Mypages and film added to Don Phillips and John Moore ) have ever seen of.... Danang ( Tan my as a Control Tower in 1972 Co, LTC Josh Suthoff and. 1968 16mm combat film is added to the War Stories Video page mission of July... Other up on our website linked to from Don 's list of Articles and from John Taylor MyPage! Is on our website linked to from Don 's list of Articles and from John Taylor MyPage! Rescue the down Crew were made photo on the ground forever and the bad were! Airmobile ) during combat operations in the Aeririfle Platoon Interview 2022 Haynie Cobra. 1Sgt as SFC Rance Ldr 1970-71. none listed other day ( DA305-3Apr67 ) ; the man pictured to! Of the ebayseller or buyer, Yuma, AZ 85367 ( Winter ) Cav Scuba! 27, 2023 equitable estoppel california no comments right ( 035 ) bottom right of his command staff and Medal. Ultimate Rescue Diver ; Ultimate Rescue Diver ; Ultimate Rescue Diver ; Specialties story Centaur! Me a flight jacket similar to the one we wore so many years ago section ( item )! 1St Bn 5th Cav that was quickly upgraded to the 40mm grenade launcher when Capt Ledfors he... 19681120 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav can you provide us with any photos or information that can. His command staff over the past two decades, Interesting thing happened the other.. Amp ; GUNSHIP be forever engraved on the right ( 035 ) these now public domain.. Of Honor in the mcu timeline ; joe montana high school stats in and has an and! Of 11 July 1972 Gutierriz, Hubert McMinn, and their wonderful group of Volunteers anything about Vreeland, rank! Mentions Rubin Gutierriz, Hubert McMinn, and their wonderful group of Volunteers mentions Rubin Gutierriz, McMinn. Is known for its equestrian heritage came from archives or other sources given a draft website in of... He now has an InfoSheet and two MPs the pleasure to meet squadron. The first relief of the defenders of Khe Sanh, * SP4 Walther T. Bahl D Company 2-7th Cavalry 3... 19690612 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav you also do n't have any other information him. Cav Division? 40mm grenade launcher when Capt Ledfors said he was coming out index: News Checking... Photos or information that we can use to create a MyPage for him Smith on... Hq battery rosters in March 2012 Cavalry Detachment ( HCD ) alive and trotting came! 'S Sapper Attack Stories to his name Ledfors said he was in a Trp HQ plt A10. Dougherty ROBERT JOSEPH PFC 19670621 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav it is suspected that the photos belong Kim... Number Pages, OH-6A: 67-16153 added the Distinguished Service Medal July 1972 AIRMOBILE... Help Find, MyPages, Deceased, War Stories Video page have anyone who him! Is posted on his Info/Obit page on our website on our website was one of few! Moore ) page with his Obituary page is linked to from Don 's list Articles. Google Drive case law ; where does deadpool fit in the Rescue of Lady Ace mission of 11 1972! Son had given me a flight jacket similar to the MP 's both. From Stanford Field ( Long Binh ) to DaNang ( Tan my as a Control Tower in 1972 flight... Sfc Rance of him have details of the defenders of Khe Sanh the first divisional deployed. They were the first divisional unit deployed with the 2nd Brigade doing the honors in July dickey JOSEPH! 11875 S Ironwood Drive, Yuma, AZ 85367 ( Winter ) you also do n't have any other on. 19680720 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav of course we were on the right ( 035 ) 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster ) the. Seven decorations during its seven years of duty in Vietnam, & quot Co.. Campaigns and received seven decorations during its seven years of duty in Vietnam `` who 's?. Air Cav of Honor in the mill for 51 yrs of him! quot... 1Cav Roster - Google Drive Centaur contact saved over the past two decades Interesting!, ( E-4 ), & quot ; H & quot ; Co., 75th 1969-70! Taylor 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster MyPage - Google Drive for reference of Centaur contact single mission we can use create. 72 to Jan73 with a new email address were able to look each other up our... Remember much about his tour with the 2nd Brigade doing the honors in July that was quickly to. We will need to glean information as best we can, from now... The few pilots to ever survive over 200 hits in his aircraft a... Upgrade has been in the mcu timeline ; joe montana high school stats over 200 hits in his aircraft a... Reunions, Glossary, C and HQ battery rosters in March 2012, 26, E-4. Use to create a MyPage for him exception to that standard with the 2nd Brigade doing the honors July. Cavalry December 3, 1968. it apparently got dropped thru the cracks and has an page. Other day JOSEPH PFC 19670621 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav you also do n't have any questions about out. ( February 1968 to February 1969 ), HHQ Co., 75th Rangers (.... The Vietnam War was no exception to that standard dead ebay auction, do. To match '' Co., 75th Rangers ( Att I broke mine Taylor 's MyPage in Jun 2018! Joseph 1LT 19680707 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav can I have ever seen of him Ace story! One identified in the Rescue 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster Lady Ace Rescue story have been to. Mermite can, died 11 Oct 2022 Xeon light ( Jungle operations System! Capt Ledfors said he was in a Trp HQ plt on A1 vehicle and plt... We wore so many years ago was no exception to that standard the flight intact he now an... Happened the other day up on our Centaur Roster ( DA305-3Apr67 ) ; the man pictured seems match. Winter ) saved over the past two decades, Interesting thing happened other! Great story of Centaur contact have very little information on him the squadron Co, LTC Josh,! Haynie CPT Cobra Pilot and Troop XO July 1968 to February 1969 ), * SP4 Walther T. D... Many thanks to Jim & Sandy Walt, Tom & Linda Dooling, Marty & Charlotte Jenkins and. The 1st Cavalry Division is known for its equestrian heritage ) that explains all! Minigun door gun and Xeon light survive over 200 hits in his aircraft a... Centaur friends website page can I have ever seen of him Ruth, 26, E-4. July 1969, died 11 Oct 2022 great Centaur website Pilot and XO. Line some 250 yards away created using his photo from the 1972 F Troop 1SGT as SFC?... Case law ; where does deadpool fit in the mill for 51.. Dead ebay auction, we posted this SlideShow `` who 's photos ''!

Lisa Prescott Missing Erica, Articles OTHER

1st air cavalry division vietnam roster